4.17.2026

Holy Week Walk

 One day in Feburary I texted my friend from the ward Leslie a video I had seen on instagram about an Easter walk through a church building. I sent her the link and said, "How ambitious do you want to be for Easter? I'll help!" And she replied with "VERY ambitions". And "A Walk with Jesus" From that moment on we were texting regularly ideas and trying to decide how to pull this off in our building. We ordered almost 50 photo backdrops on Temu to cover as much as the building as we could so you didn't feel like you were in a standard church meetinghouse.

Our stake presidency was a hundred percent behind us and a wonderful guy in our ward runs the Goshen set for the church and said we could borrow props. So we took trucks and trailers down and borrowed to many beautiful trees, pots and tapestries to make our walk what it was.

This documents the wall I made that fell down and the banner I made with Leslie's fabric that were going to be curtains. Next year I'll make the lettering WAY bigger. Originally that was going to hang inside the arch. When we couldn't do that Dawnya's husband had the idea to hang it on the outside of the building and it made a great impact.

This picture will always remind me of the best most stressful story ever that I'll always remember. That's all I'll say about that.

This is just a glipmse of the front foyers.

Leslie and Dawnya and I lived at the church that week. We bonded so much and stayed up so late. By the end of it we coudn't believe it but we estimate that 5000 people walked through our Holy Week walk. We were in tears. So happy to work with visionary people!

No comments: